Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 6 - Hip openers

For those of you that are following, I skipped a day and I'm posting this a day late. I ran out of time. I'll catch up no worries.Today's sequence (Day 7) is a 15 minute relaxing sequence to be done before bed, so two posts today! (Maybe three if I over come my reticence for Hanumanasana.)

Day 6 brings us Rebecca Urban, whom we met on day 3. I guess we are going to have a 4 teacher rotation for 21 days. My hopes of having Stephanie Snyder is dwindling. Thirty minutes of hip openers here we go.

What I enjoyed
 If it wasn't a cold snowy morning and my body wasn't stiff from yesterday's Vinyasa, I would probably have enjoyed the sequence. It's a great stretch.
I enjoyed her simple sign off "You worked hard, enjoy your day. Namaste."  and the wonderful savasana.

Favorite Moment
My body feeling as it does, my favorite moment is a calm one: Floating Goddess. Come into Goddess or Horse stance, turn the toes out and bend your needs making a nice 90 degree angle between your thigh and your shin. Straighten the right leg, then the left, bend right, bed left. Try to glide through the pose. Repeat twice and go the other way. Simple yet soothing.

 via

How to improve
I should of done a little warm up instead of rolling onto the mat and pressing play.

Lasting Impression
I'm feeling nice and open in the hips. I not by any means ready to start my day, I'd rather hibernate with my hubby but I'm expected at the Natural History Museum.

Namaste!

P.S. Click here or on the pictures for a link to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...