Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 3 - Work Your Core

Day 3 is awesome. I am no fan of core work (having very little core muscles to speak of) but the sequence led by Rebecca Urban was very nice. 20 minutes was the perfect length for me.

What I enjoyed
I was very pleased to see Stephanie Snyder as  to yoga model today. She is an amazing teacher. I had the chance to practice with her in Virginia Beach when she came to give a Detox Yoga class at Bamboo Studio. She can float up into standing slip like it's nobody's business. Incredible woman, really nice too. I hope this means she might be giving a sequence soon.
Rebecca has a very nice voice and gave a nice amount of eye contact to the camera.
My favorite sequence was the 4 step Push-up nearing the end. Starting in Plank. Inhale, exhale, drop the knees to the mat, bend you elbow and pin them to your ribs in a half push up. Straighten the legs and straighten the arms. Repeat 3 times. Then start with the arms for another three. I shudder at the mention of push-ups, but these, I can do.




 via

A core strengthening sequence not being a complete practice I wasn't expecting a savasana at the end so I really enjoyed when we sat back in child's pose and she concluded the sequence with two options: sit in child's pose for a couple more minutes or select another sequence to continue your practice. 

What I disliked
For the first couple of minutes, Rebecca kept repeating "breathe here for nothing". Which annoyed me because I don't want to be breathing for nothing and I wasn't sure what she meant by it. Wording is super important. If she wanted us to take a couple breaths here she could of said :"Take 2 breaths here and on the next inhale..." or "Breathe deeply and on your next exhale...". This happened only a handful of times in the beginning.

Overall, this was probably my favorite core strengthening sequence - probably because it wasn't too difficult. See you tomorrow!

Namaste.


P.S. Click here or on the picture for a link to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...