Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Budokon

Wow, time flies when your having fun.

Last Saturday was «Montréal, Nuit Blanche», an entire night filled with free activities all over town. It's a blast, I go every year with my friend and we try to fit in as many activities as possible.
This year, Spa Zazen offered a free yoga lesson. I jumped on the occasion to introduce my friend to my yoga (I also thought DJ Yogi was going to be there but it turned out that I had missread and it was yoga with a live DJ, it was really cool anyway.) We showed up at 10pm and the yoga class turned out to be an introduction to Budokon. Budokon, is awesome, but it's not yoga and it's pretty intense for a first practice. We survived but let's just say that our arms were in pain for the next couple of days.
Budokon is a blend of martial arts, yoga and meditation. In addition to the traditional asanas, they include sequences inspired by animals such as lions, gorillas, and jaguars (I think, anyway it was another big cat). Like ashtanga yoga, they like to include floating between poses. This mean that you control your jumping movement, when your good it looks almost like slow motion.

You can watch a demo by clicking HERE.

In other news, still working on pyramid pose and the first sequence from Iyengar. New sequence next Monday!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...