Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 5

This is my fifth day of practice and I feel that I've found a nice rythm to the sequence. I'm working on keeping my eyes closed during Tree pose (Vrksasana), quite a challenge at first but very rewarding especially if you have nothing very interesting to gaze at.
Still struggling with the flexibility required to master Pyramid pose (Parsvottanasana). After reading the description provided in Light on Yoga, I turned to online sources for other potential modifications and variations. There are lots of the them out there but I particularly enjoyed the layout and wording of Yoga Journal. You can click here to read what they have to say. I do think it's counter intuitive that this asana is called an Intense side stretch since you are folding forward. I feel the pose mostly in my quads so I'm guessing because of my flexibility I'm not feeling the full benefits.

I thought the following picture was particularly impressive because her back is so straight and her torso is completly connected with her leg. A beautiful example of the full expression of the pose.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...