Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome!

Hi!

It's decided, if I'm going to fulfill my yogic needs by practicing on my own, at home,I might as well share it with the world. Hopefully this will provide me with the added motivation and support I need.

Day after day, I will tell you about my practice, my struggles, my victories, in what I think to be an entertaining and informative manor. If you wish to follow along, I would be thrilled to hear about what you're doing. I'm following the sequences described in the Appendix of Iyengar's Light on Yoga. (A book I strongly recommend for those that wish to deepen their knowledge of Yoga.)

Words of caution
Although I will be describing sequences and commenting on the proper way to execute certain asanas, this is by no means a valid introductory course. I strongly suggest you take a few classes with a certified teacher to get a feel for the basic postures and sequences. Remember, yoga is a personnal practice, always listen to your body, yoga should never be painful, and it should always bring you joy.

On that note,

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...