Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Second Asana Sequence

According to the calendar this is Day 20 on my journey through the teachings of Iyengar. Truthfully, I have skipped many days, life just gets in the way sometimes. I think on average I practice 3-4 times a week.

Last Monday, I started the second sequence but failed to post in online so here it is :

*Triangle Pose
*Side Angle
*Warrior I&II
*Revolved Triangle
*Pyramid Pose
*Wide-Legged Foward Bend (Prasarita Padottanasana I)
*Shoulder Stance
*Plough (Halasana)
*Savasana

Very similar to the first sequence. I decided to keep Tree Pose because it makes me happy. As usual I start with gentle stretches in an easy seated position (generally cross-legged on my mat). This week I've decided to work the sequence as Yoga Flow (one breath, one movement). I started with a simple sun salutation to which I gradually added the target asanas and held for 5 breaths. Evidently, because I chose to do sun salutations, I added down-dog, plank, yoga push-ups, cobra, and up-dog which were not on the to do list.
It ended up being quite a workout that took about an hour on average.

I'm sticking to this sequence this week and hoping to leaving pyramid pose aside for a little while with the next sequence coming up next Monday.

I've managed to find a nice yoga teacher in my little town and should be signing up for classes (once a week) starting in April. Should be fun.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...